2.03.2011

new york, new york

We are heading to snowy New York next week to visit my sister and various friends who haven't met Stella yet.

I zapposed this pair of bright yellow Hunter wellies (and the cable sock insert) to help me brave the icy, cold streets.



Have I mentioned before that I'm a planner? Having a baby has thrown some of my obsessive planning out the window. It's hard to keep to a schedule when I'm not the one controlling the schedule anymore. The transition from planner to take-it-as-it-comer has been remarkably easier than I expected.

However.
I have never flown with an infant before. Or packed to travel with an baby (who knew you had to take 2 outfits a day in case of accidents?!). This means that for the past few days I have made lists of items to get and bring, started organizing Stella's outfits for the week we will be traveling, stockpiled diapers, and agonized over what I will pack to stay warm (and that will allow me to be a little presentable and breastfeed on the go). Luckily, Stella was given 3 perfect winter weather suits, so baby girl is all set for New York.

When thinking about what to pack for myself, I was inspired by this Garance Dore photograph.

See, it is possible to be stylish in the snow. Thus the bright yellow wellies...

3 comments:

lilah kaur said...

i've got those wellies. also, always wear skinny jeans or skirts in the snow... you don't want to walk around with soggy trousers. have a great time! breast-feed on the way up and down and stella will be golden. xoxo lauren

Lady Grey said...

Love those boots... they look amazing in yellow!
Have a great time in New York!
oxo

Hannah said...

Thanks you two!