10.01.2013

best lunch box ever

For the record, I never thought I'd be writing a post about school lunches. But, well, here we are...
 
Now that Stella is in preschool three days a week, I think about her lunch in a whole new way. Way more than necessary, in fact. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to lunches at home. Quesadilla with black beans and avocado 3 days in a row at home is okay in my book, but I can't bring myself to pack the same thing for her lunches 3 days a week knowing that her teachers unpack her lunchbox and I'm supposed to be sending her with a well-rounded, nutritious meal.

Which is why I'm excited my friend Jen brought me a special treat at our park date last week: Katie Sullivan Morford's Best Lunch Box Ever. Jen did all the lovely photography for the book and it was published by Chronicle (the company I worked for before having Stella) which means the book itself is beautiful. Here are a few shots of recipes I'm looking forward to trying.
Asian Slaw
Sweet Potato Quesadilla
Date, Cream Cheese, Spinach Wraps
Sour Cherry Oatmeal Bars

Also, check out Jen's recent recipe on Design*Sponge for Wild Mushroom Risotto. Yum!

No comments: