5.05.2011

florida



We spent the last week in Palm Beach Florida. J has been traveling so much for work that we decided to join him, last minute like, on a shoot. Chatting on Skype every night just isn't the same. And he misses Stella so much when he's away.



I'd never been to Florida before. It's hot and very humid. I'm astonished we didn't come back with sunburns. My favorite time of day in Palm Beach is early evening when the sun begins its slow descent, and the air starts to cool. We stayed close to the ocean, so these lovely breezes would waft up the avenues when I took Stella out for early evening walks. We took a lot of walks.

The sky over Palm Beach

We spent Sunday together as a family so we took Stella to the beach for the first time.

Beach baby

Palm Beach palm



It was nice to get away, but I'm glad to be home. I missed all my friends. I missed my kitchen and our house. I missed the mild spring in Oakland.

No comments: